The fiancé(e) visa (or K-1 nonimmigrant visa) allow your non-US citizen fiancé(e) to enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place.
To start the process, you must prove that:
If you meet above basic requirements and want to start your K1 journey, click the start button.
- You and your fiancé(e) have met in person
- Both are free to enter into marriage
- You pass the recent poverty guidelines
For some K1 applicants, their journey may not be as smooth sailing. Before you start the application, make sure you talk to a good and experienced
US immigration attorney if:
US Petitioner or Beneficiary has:
- Prior criminal record
- Serious medical condition
- Prior denial/refusal of US visa
- Is a multi-filer of K1 visa
- Does not meet the poverty guidelines
- Obtained US citizenship through marriage and has been divorced within the last 5 years